JFK At Home partners with Haven Hospice of JFK Medical Center to provide a compassionate team of professionals who understand the needs of patients and families. We offer comprehensive services designed to support each patient and family’s needs and emphasizing their comfort, dignity and respect. The Haven Hospice team manages the care of the hospice patients in the home, in-patient, and long-term care setting 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
Caring for the Patient and Families Experiencing a Terminal Illness
Haven Hospice is a program for patients and their families who are coping with a life-threatening illness. People turn to hospice care when curative treatment is no longer available or desirable. Services are designed to accommodate each patient and family's unique needs with added focus on choice, dignity and respect.
Hospice care is provided by an experienced, interdisciplinary team led by a board-certified physician who supervises all medical care. Working with the patient and families to ensure the best course of treatment for patients, the team consists of:
- Physicians with access to the latest medical treatments, advances in pain and symptom management, as well as drug therapies.
- Registered Nurses who are specially skilled in caring for the terminally ill and are experts in symptom management.
- Counselors who address a full range of psychosocial needs from diagnosis through bereavement.
- Clergy who support all faiths.
- Certified Home Health Aides who assist in providing gentle care.
- Physical, Occupational, Speech and Nutritional Therapists.
- Trained Volunteers who provide support, companionship, and practical assistance to patients and families.